Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
When two artists with vocal styles as powerful, yet disparate as those of pop veteran Mariah Carey and RCA Records hitmaker Miguel jump on a track together, there’s no telling what will result—but you can safely bet that it’s gonna be something #Beautiful. While Mimi gets first billing on this cut, the lead single off her next studio album, it’s clearly a team effort. The beat, a reverb-soaked throwback to classic soul, is a joint creation by the artists themselves, and the Kaleidoscope Dream crooner takes center stage for the first half of the record. Carey steps into the spotlight on verse two, turning in a vocal performance that’s electrifying even by her own lofty standards, as well as harmonizing with Miguel on the record’s chorus. Mariah Carey’s currently-untitled forthcoming full-length is scheduled for release this summer via Island Def Jam. In the meantime, fans can click here to purchase #Beautiful via iTunes.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (on mobile) to view Mariah’s Joseph Kahn-directed #Beautiful visual.
Written by richard on 05/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.