Let’s be real—as a twentysomething male music journalist, I’m about as far from the target market for Disney‘s Oz the Great and Powerful as a consumer could possibly be. That said, I can’t hate on anything that leads to fresh tunes from pop diva (and current American Idol judge) Mariah Carey. On Almost Home, a single created for inclusion in the film, Norwegian beat crew Stargate‘s soaring synth boardwork bangs in the back as Mimi assures us that we’ll be back in Kansas before we know it, emphasizing the point with plenty of her trademark vocal fireworks. This uplifting ballad is set to hit iTunes tomorrow, paving the way for Oz‘s theatrical release one month later, on March 8.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Mariah’s David Lachapelle-directed Almost Home visuals.
Written by richard on 03/8/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.