When you’re Sick and Tired of how things are going, but aren’t ready to turn your life upside down in pursuit of greener pastures, a small symbolic change can, at the very least, help you see things from a new perspective. Take Paypa, who’s been rather fed up with his woman lately. Unappetized by the prospect of a messy breakup, the Chicago native’s instead sprung for a fresh stage name. Now known as Marcus Moody, the emcee takes the opportunity to vent about his romantic problems on the lead single off his next EP. Da Internz’ downbeat production, driven by languid percussion and understated vocal harmonies, backs him as he expresses his frustration with his girl’s ungrateful behavior. Embryo directs the cut’s accompanying visuals. Moody’s debut project under his new alias has yet to receive either a title or a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further singles and release details as they emerge.
Written by richard on 09/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tour Thoughts" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.