When you’re Sick and Tired of how things are going, but aren’t ready to turn your life upside down in pursuit of greener pastures, a small symbolic change can, at the very least, help you see things from a new perspective. Take Paypa, who’s been rather fed up with his woman lately. Unappetized by the prospect of a messy breakup, the Chicago native’s instead sprung for a fresh stage name. Now known as Marcus Moody, the emcee takes the opportunity to vent about his romantic problems on the lead single off his next EP. Da Internz’ downbeat production, driven by languid percussion and understated vocal harmonies, backs him as he expresses his frustration with his girl’s ungrateful behavior. Embryo directs the cut’s accompanying visuals. Moody’s debut project under his new alias has yet to receive either a title or a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further singles and release details as they emerge.
Written by richard on 09/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tour Thoughts" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.