Some artists pursue a career in music for only themselves, seeking the allure of a bottle-popping, model-dating lifestyle, while others do it for their family and friends, hoping to provide them everything they could ever want and more. Emcee Marcus Manchild does not fall into either category; on his latest single he lets listeners know that he makes music for all his fans and supporters. On Do It For Y’all Manchild dedicates his performance to those who rock with him at his shows, have supported his career since day one and to a slew of others who have supported him or influenced his genuine southern style. Atop the Jake Crates beat, Manchild attacks the track with a speedy, relentless flow, giving (roughly) a million shout outs along the way. In this process he ignores traditional song structure, forgoing a hook in favor of giving thanks to each and every person that has helped along the way. If Marcus’ humbled approach leaves you wanting more from the underground emcee, then be sure to catch his forthcoming project, Free Your Mind.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/6/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.