For those only skimming DJBooth, don’t make the same mistake I did – no, Marcus Camby didn’t decide to leave a lucrative career in the NBA for the rap game. Making his The DJBooth debut with In & Out is Marcus Cant
y, the X Factor contest who found himself signed by L.A. Reid to Epic Records and is now looking to make a name for himself in the game. In & Out is built on a bouncing, supremely uptempo beat from producer Harmony Samuels that’s tailor made for the club and radio sing-alongs. Vocally, Canty quickly proves why L.A. Reid saw something in him; the young man can obviously sing, even when he’s admitting to a series case of commitment-phobia. It’s exactly the kind of track begging for a rap feature, and Wale kindly obliges with yet another punchline heavy verse. While we’re still waiting on a full project to develop from Canty, here’s to hoping he’s more in than out of the music scene over the next year.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.