For those only skimming DJBooth, don’t make the same mistake I did – no, Marcus Camby didn’t decide to leave a lucrative career in the NBA for the rap game. Making his The DJBooth debut with In & Out is Marcus Cant
y, the X Factor contest who found himself signed by L.A. Reid to Epic Records and is now looking to make a name for himself in the game. In & Out is built on a bouncing, supremely uptempo beat from producer Harmony Samuels that’s tailor made for the club and radio sing-alongs. Vocally, Canty quickly proves why L.A. Reid saw something in him; the young man can obviously sing, even when he’s admitting to a series case of commitment-phobia. It’s exactly the kind of track begging for a rap feature, and Wale kindly obliges with yet another punchline heavy verse. While we’re still waiting on a full project to develop from Canty, here’s to hoping he’s more in than out of the music scene over the next year.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/10/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.