For those only skimming DJBooth, don’t make the same mistake I did – no, Marcus Camby didn’t decide to leave a lucrative career in the NBA for the rap game. Making his The DJBooth debut with In & Out is Marcus Cant
y, the X Factor contest who found himself signed by L.A. Reid to Epic Records and is now looking to make a name for himself in the game. In & Out is built on a bouncing, supremely uptempo beat from producer Harmony Samuels that’s tailor made for the club and radio sing-alongs. Vocally, Canty quickly proves why L.A. Reid saw something in him; the young man can obviously sing, even when he’s admitting to a series case of commitment-phobia. It’s exactly the kind of track begging for a rap feature, and Wale kindly obliges with yet another punchline heavy verse. While we’re still waiting on a full project to develop from Canty, here’s to hoping he’s more in than out of the music scene over the next year.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/10/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)