For those only skimming DJBooth, don’t make the same mistake I did – no, Marcus Camby didn’t decide to leave a lucrative career in the NBA for the rap game. Making his The DJBooth debut with In & Out is Marcus Cant
y, the X Factor contest who found himself signed by L.A. Reid to Epic Records and is now looking to make a name for himself in the game. In & Out is built on a bouncing, supremely uptempo beat from producer Harmony Samuels that’s tailor made for the club and radio sing-alongs. Vocally, Canty quickly proves why L.A. Reid saw something in him; the young man can obviously sing, even when he’s admitting to a series case of commitment-phobia. It’s exactly the kind of track begging for a rap feature, and Wale kindly obliges with yet another punchline heavy verse. While we’re still waiting on a full project to develop from Canty, here’s to hoping he’s more in than out of the music scene over the next year.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/10/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.