Veteran producer Marco Polo and living rap legend Rakim have been feeling a little down lately. What’s Wrong, you ask? A whole lot of sh*t, as it turns out—and on this freshly-released cut, an outtake from Rakim’s 2009 The Seventh Seal LP, they offer a fairly comprehensive list. Backed by the East Coast beatsmith’s fluttering piano chords, gritty percussion and soulful vocal samples, William Michael Griffith drops some knowledge on such subjects as black-on-black violence, Government-sanctioned drug trafficking, the systematic impoverishment of racial minorities and the depletion of the ozone layer. As the rapper notes, these outrages are all structurally tied to one thing: “M-O-N-E-Y.” Feeling it? You’ll be able to find What’s Wrong and much more on Newport Authority 2, coming soon via Soulspazm Records. Additionally, fans can click here to check out Marco Polo’s recent remix of Talib Kweli‘s Push Thru.
Written by richard on 03/12/13
With his latest full-length, PA2: The Director's Cut, slated for release this July via Soulspazm Records, veteran beatsmith Marco Polo is tiding fans over with the release of free album Newport Authority 2. Mixed and...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)