Remind me never to go out to lunch with Marco Polo and The Doppelgangaz. If the former’s new single is any indication, they’re the type to wolf their meals like they’d been fasting for days, then turn to you and ask, “R U Gonna Eat That?” On the other hand, I wouldn’t hesitate to spin this cut at a dinner party with hip-hop loving friends. Polo’s low-key boom-bap beat sets the perfect mood for good food and conversation, and the lyrics, courtesy of partners-in-rhyme EP and Matter Ov Fact, are both witty and appetizing. (Well, except for the line about “herpes simplex type one,” which is witty but not appetizing.) An unknown director’s accompanying visuals depict the collaborators and their homies enjoying a Thanksgiving feast at Walter’s in NYC. Still hungry? More awaits on PA 2: The Director’s Cut, out now via Soulspazm Records. Additionally, fans are encouraged to check out Polo’s interview with DJBoothTV, debuted on our pages earlier this week.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.