Remind me never to go out to lunch with Marco Polo and The Doppelgangaz. If the former’s new single is any indication, they’re the type to wolf their meals like they’d been fasting for days, then turn to you and ask, “R U Gonna Eat That?” On the other hand, I wouldn’t hesitate to spin this cut at a dinner party with hip-hop loving friends. Polo’s low-key boom-bap beat sets the perfect mood for good food and conversation, and the lyrics, courtesy of partners-in-rhyme EP and Matter Ov Fact, are both witty and appetizing. (Well, except for the line about “herpes simplex type one,” which is witty but not appetizing.) An unknown director’s accompanying visuals depict the collaborators and their homies enjoying a Thanksgiving feast at Walter’s in NYC. Still hungry? More awaits on PA 2: The Director’s Cut, out now via Soulspazm Records. Additionally, fans are encouraged to check out Polo’s interview with DJBoothTV, debuted on our pages earlier this week.
Written by richard on 12/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.