Remind me never to go out to lunch with Marco Polo and The Doppelgangaz. If the former’s new single is any indication, they’re the type to wolf their meals like they’d been fasting for days, then turn to you and ask, “R U Gonna Eat That?” On the other hand, I wouldn’t hesitate to spin this cut at a dinner party with hip-hop loving friends. Polo’s low-key boom-bap beat sets the perfect mood for good food and conversation, and the lyrics, courtesy of partners-in-rhyme EP and Matter Ov Fact, are both witty and appetizing. (Well, except for the line about “herpes simplex type one,” which is witty but not appetizing.) An unknown director’s accompanying visuals depict the collaborators and their homies enjoying a Thanksgiving feast at Walter’s in NYC. Still hungry? More awaits on PA 2: The Director’s Cut, out now via Soulspazm Records. Additionally, fans are encouraged to check out Polo’s interview with DJBoothTV, debuted on our pages earlier this week.
Written by richard on 12/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.