Remind me never to go out to lunch with Marco Polo and The Doppelgangaz. If the former’s new single is any indication, they’re the type to wolf their meals like they’d been fasting for days, then turn to you and ask, “R U Gonna Eat That?” On the other hand, I wouldn’t hesitate to spin this cut at a dinner party with hip-hop loving friends. Polo’s low-key boom-bap beat sets the perfect mood for good food and conversation, and the lyrics, courtesy of partners-in-rhyme EP and Matter Ov Fact, are both witty and appetizing. (Well, except for the line about “herpes simplex type one,” which is witty but not appetizing.) An unknown director’s accompanying visuals depict the collaborators and their homies enjoying a Thanksgiving feast at Walter’s in NYC. Still hungry? More awaits on PA 2: The Director’s Cut, out now via Soulspazm Records. Additionally, fans are encouraged to check out Polo’s interview with DJBoothTV, debuted on our pages earlier this week.
Written by richard on 12/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.