Remind me never to go out to lunch with Marco Polo and The Doppelgangaz. If the former’s new single is any indication, they’re the type to wolf their meals like they’d been fasting for days, then turn to you and ask, “R U Gonna Eat That?” On the other hand, I wouldn’t hesitate to spin this cut at a dinner party with hip-hop loving friends. Polo’s low-key boom-bap beat sets the perfect mood for good food and conversation, and the lyrics, courtesy of partners-in-rhyme EP and Matter Ov Fact, are both witty and appetizing. (Well, except for the line about “herpes simplex type one,” which is witty but not appetizing.) An unknown director’s accompanying visuals depict the collaborators and their homies enjoying a Thanksgiving feast at Walter’s in NYC. Still hungry? More awaits on PA 2: The Director’s Cut, out now via Soulspazm Records. Additionally, fans are encouraged to check out Polo’s interview with DJBoothTV, debuted on our pages earlier this week.
Written by richard on 12/6/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.