Fresh off garnering positive Booth reviews for What’s Wrong, an album outtake co-starring rap legend Rakim, Marco Polo has pulled another unreleased gem from the vault for our listening pleasure. Like its predecessor, Nite & Day boasts guest bars from one of NYC’s elder statesmen. This time around, it’s Bed-Stuy veteran Big Daddy Kane who handles mic duties; over the Canadian beatsmith’s airy samples and boom-bap percussion, the hip-hop icon deftly deconstructs the “baller image” that many of today’s rappers maintain. Shylow assists behind the wheels of steel. Fans can look forward to more dope instrumentals and top-shelf guest features on Newport Authority 2, coming soon via Soulspazm/Rawkus Records.
Written by richard on 03/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.