Fresh off garnering positive Booth reviews for What’s Wrong, an album outtake co-starring rap legend Rakim, Marco Polo has pulled another unreleased gem from the vault for our listening pleasure. Like its predecessor, Nite & Day boasts guest bars from one of NYC’s elder statesmen. This time around, it’s Bed-Stuy veteran Big Daddy Kane who handles mic duties; over the Canadian beatsmith’s airy samples and boom-bap percussion, the hip-hop icon deftly deconstructs the “baller image” that many of today’s rappers maintain. Shylow assists behind the wheels of steel. Fans can look forward to more dope instrumentals and top-shelf guest features on Newport Authority 2, coming soon via Soulspazm/Rawkus Records.
Written by richard on 03/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.