Fresh off garnering positive Booth reviews for What’s Wrong, an album outtake co-starring rap legend Rakim, Marco Polo has pulled another unreleased gem from the vault for our listening pleasure. Like its predecessor, Nite & Day boasts guest bars from one of NYC’s elder statesmen. This time around, it’s Bed-Stuy veteran Big Daddy Kane who handles mic duties; over the Canadian beatsmith’s airy samples and boom-bap percussion, the hip-hop icon deftly deconstructs the “baller image” that many of today’s rappers maintain. Shylow assists behind the wheels of steel. Fans can look forward to more dope instrumentals and top-shelf guest features on Newport Authority 2, coming soon via Soulspazm/Rawkus Records.
Written by richard on 03/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.