Fresh off garnering positive Booth reviews for What’s Wrong, an album outtake co-starring rap legend Rakim, Marco Polo has pulled another unreleased gem from the vault for our listening pleasure. Like its predecessor, Nite & Day boasts guest bars from one of NYC’s elder statesmen. This time around, it’s Bed-Stuy veteran Big Daddy Kane who handles mic duties; over the Canadian beatsmith’s airy samples and boom-bap percussion, the hip-hop icon deftly deconstructs the “baller image” that many of today’s rappers maintain. Shylow assists behind the wheels of steel. Fans can look forward to more dope instrumentals and top-shelf guest features on Newport Authority 2, coming soon via Soulspazm/Rawkus Records.
Written by richard on 03/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.