Thus far in the lead-up to his next LP, underground beatsmith Marco Polo has unleashed collabos with living hip-hop legends Rakim (What’s Wrong) and Big Daddy Kane (Nite & Day). For single numéro trois, Back to Work, the Soulspazm / Rawkus signee has enlisted not one but two decorated hip-hop vets—namely, El Da Sensei and Tame One of Garden State crew Artifacts. Over Polo’s dynamic sample work, accented with cuts by Shylow, the partners-in-rhyme lets listeners know just how great it feels to be on their collaborative hustle once again. Like what you’re hearing? More boom-bap boardwork and legendary guests await on Newport Authority 2, the currently-unscheduled mixtape prelude to the spring release of Polo’s sophomore album, Port Authority 2.
Written by richard on 03/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.