Thus far in the lead-up to his next LP, underground beatsmith Marco Polo has unleashed collabos with living hip-hop legends Rakim (What’s Wrong) and Big Daddy Kane (Nite & Day). For single numéro trois, Back to Work, the Soulspazm / Rawkus signee has enlisted not one but two decorated hip-hop vets—namely, El Da Sensei and Tame One of Garden State crew Artifacts. Over Polo’s dynamic sample work, accented with cuts by Shylow, the partners-in-rhyme lets listeners know just how great it feels to be on their collaborative hustle once again. Like what you’re hearing? More boom-bap boardwork and legendary guests await on Newport Authority 2, the currently-unscheduled mixtape prelude to the spring release of Polo’s sophomore album, Port Authority 2.
Written by richard on 03/28/13
With his latest full-length, PA2: The Director's Cut, slated for release this July via Soulspazm Records, veteran beatsmith Marco Polo is tiding fans over with the release of free album Newport Authority 2. Mixed and...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.