Thus far in the lead-up to his next LP, underground beatsmith Marco Polo has unleashed collabos with living hip-hop legends Rakim (What’s Wrong) and Big Daddy Kane (Nite & Day). For single numéro trois, Back to Work, the Soulspazm / Rawkus signee has enlisted not one but two decorated hip-hop vets—namely, El Da Sensei and Tame One of Garden State crew Artifacts. Over Polo’s dynamic sample work, accented with cuts by Shylow, the partners-in-rhyme lets listeners know just how great it feels to be on their collaborative hustle once again. Like what you’re hearing? More boom-bap boardwork and legendary guests await on Newport Authority 2, the currently-unscheduled mixtape prelude to the spring release of Polo’s sophomore album, Port Authority 2.
Written by richard on 03/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.