Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
I couldn’t sleep last night, so I hopped online to get a head start on today’s features. Right around 3-O-Clock, I got to this cut by veteran producer Marco Polo. I regret doing so, though, because now the adrenaline from this hi-octane jam is coursing through my veins and I might never sleep again. Not just because Marco’s potent, scratch-heavy beat has me pumped, but because he’s managed to reunite Organized Konfusion for the first time since 1997. While it has been an astounding 16 years since Prince Po and Pharoahe Monch dismantled a beat together, it sounds like they never left. The pair pepper the beat with similarly aggressive, unrelenting flows, delivering verses that will send chills up the spines of every hip-hop head out there. In addition to an Organized Konfusion reunion, Marco Polo’s next LP packs guest appearances by Talib Kweli, Masta Ace, and Lil Fame, to name just a few. Watch for the set, titled PA 2: The Director’s Cut, to hit record stores and online retailers this November.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view The Doppelgangaz-directed 3-O-Clock visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.