Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
I couldn’t sleep last night, so I hopped online to get a head start on today’s features. Right around 3-O-Clock, I got to this cut by veteran producer Marco Polo. I regret doing so, though, because now the adrenaline from this hi-octane jam is coursing through my veins and I might never sleep again. Not just because Marco’s potent, scratch-heavy beat has me pumped, but because he’s managed to reunite Organized Konfusion for the first time since 1997. While it has been an astounding 16 years since Prince Po and Pharoahe Monch dismantled a beat together, it sounds like they never left. The pair pepper the beat with similarly aggressive, unrelenting flows, delivering verses that will send chills up the spines of every hip-hop head out there. In addition to an Organized Konfusion reunion, Marco Polo’s next LP packs guest appearances by Talib Kweli, Masta Ace, and Lil Fame, to name just a few. Watch for the set, titled PA 2: The Director’s Cut, to hit record stores and online retailers this November.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view The Doppelgangaz-directed 3-O-Clock visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.