Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
I couldn’t sleep last night, so I hopped online to get a head start on today’s features. Right around 3-O-Clock, I got to this cut by veteran producer Marco Polo. I regret doing so, though, because now the adrenaline from this hi-octane jam is coursing through my veins and I might never sleep again. Not just because Marco’s potent, scratch-heavy beat has me pumped, but because he’s managed to reunite Organized Konfusion for the first time since 1997. While it has been an astounding 16 years since Prince Po and Pharoahe Monch dismantled a beat together, it sounds like they never left. The pair pepper the beat with similarly aggressive, unrelenting flows, delivering verses that will send chills up the spines of every hip-hop head out there. In addition to an Organized Konfusion reunion, Marco Polo’s next LP packs guest appearances by Talib Kweli, Masta Ace, and Lil Fame, to name just a few. Watch for the set, titled PA 2: The Director’s Cut, to hit record stores and online retailers this November.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view The Doppelgangaz-directed 3-O-Clock visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)