Booth newcomer Marcè Reazon started out with nothing but, where others would have seen fate’s cruelty, the Brooklyn-by-way-of-Long Beach buzzmaker saw potential for an underdog success story. On the latest single off his forthcoming street album, the up-and-coming rapper/producer puts an aspirational spin on his humble background, spitting, “Happy endings start with Sad Beginnings.” Here, Reazon showcases his talents on both sides of the boards, adorning a hi-hat-heavy percussion rhythm with smoldering keyboards and a chopped-n-screwed sample from UGK‘s Pourin’ Up as he flaunts his hard-earned wealth and waves goodbye to peers who are still, “chillin’ at the bottom.” Feeling this whip-ready aspirational banger? More is just around the corner. Featuring guest appearances by such Booth faves Ro Ransom, Troy Ave, Kyle Lucas and Jon Hope, A View to Kill is scheduled for digital release next Thursday, September 27.
Written by richard on 09/17/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.