Booth newcomer Marcè Reazon started out with nothing but, where others would have seen fate’s cruelty, the Brooklyn-by-way-of-Long Beach buzzmaker saw potential for an underdog success story. On the latest single off his forthcoming street album, the up-and-coming rapper/producer puts an aspirational spin on his humble background, spitting, “Happy endings start with Sad Beginnings.” Here, Reazon showcases his talents on both sides of the boards, adorning a hi-hat-heavy percussion rhythm with smoldering keyboards and a chopped-n-screwed sample from UGK‘s Pourin’ Up as he flaunts his hard-earned wealth and waves goodbye to peers who are still, “chillin’ at the bottom.” Feeling this whip-ready aspirational banger? More is just around the corner. Featuring guest appearances by such Booth faves Ro Ransom, Troy Ave, Kyle Lucas and Jon Hope, A View to Kill is scheduled for digital release next Thursday, September 27.
Written by richard on 09/17/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.