Booth newcomer Marcè Reazon started out with nothing but, where others would have seen fate’s cruelty, the Brooklyn-by-way-of-Long Beach buzzmaker saw potential for an underdog success story. On the latest single off his forthcoming street album, the up-and-coming rapper/producer puts an aspirational spin on his humble background, spitting, “Happy endings start with Sad Beginnings.” Here, Reazon showcases his talents on both sides of the boards, adorning a hi-hat-heavy percussion rhythm with smoldering keyboards and a chopped-n-screwed sample from UGK‘s Pourin’ Up as he flaunts his hard-earned wealth and waves goodbye to peers who are still, “chillin’ at the bottom.” Feeling this whip-ready aspirational banger? More is just around the corner. Featuring guest appearances by such Booth faves Ro Ransom, Troy Ave, Kyle Lucas and Jon Hope, A View to Kill is scheduled for digital release next Thursday, September 27.
Written by richard on 09/17/12
Long Beach-born, NYC-residing buzzmaker Marcè Reazon has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his digital debut album, A View to Kill. Recorded over the past year in the artist's Brooklyn studio apartment, the...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.