When I first read the title of Marc Goone‘s latest feature, Meshuganah, I assumed it was a play on words that was going over my head. Thanks to a friendly Google search, I came to find out that “meshuganah” is Yiddish for a crazy, irrational person. The title couldn’t be more fitting, as anyone who gets a purple Teletubby tattooed on their ass is the definition of insanity (I’m sure his parents will be verklempt upon seeing the video). Goone’s meshuganah-esque tendencies might make him get absurd tattoos, but that is exactly makes him a promising young talent. Over Zuckswitit‘s vibrant production, he showcases a charismatic, energetic flow and an easily-relatable lyrical style. Oh, I forgot to mention: the Teletubby is also eating a lobster, which is the perfect parlay to his forthcoming project, I Am Not a Lobster, OK!, out next week.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.