When I first read the title of Marc Goone‘s latest feature, Meshuganah, I assumed it was a play on words that was going over my head. Thanks to a friendly Google search, I came to find out that “meshuganah” is Yiddish for a crazy, irrational person. The title couldn’t be more fitting, as anyone who gets a purple Teletubby tattooed on their ass is the definition of insanity (I’m sure his parents will be verklempt upon seeing the video). Goone’s meshuganah-esque tendencies might make him get absurd tattoos, but that is exactly makes him a promising young talent. Over Zuckswitit‘s vibrant production, he showcases a charismatic, energetic flow and an easily-relatable lyrical style. Oh, I forgot to mention: the Teletubby is also eating a lobster, which is the perfect parlay to his forthcoming project, I Am Not a Lobster, OK!, out next week.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.