When I first read the title of Marc Goone‘s latest feature, Meshuganah, I assumed it was a play on words that was going over my head. Thanks to a friendly Google search, I came to find out that “meshuganah” is Yiddish for a crazy, irrational person. The title couldn’t be more fitting, as anyone who gets a purple Teletubby tattooed on their ass is the definition of insanity (I’m sure his parents will be verklempt upon seeing the video). Goone’s meshuganah-esque tendencies might make him get absurd tattoos, but that is exactly makes him a promising young talent. Over Zuckswitit‘s vibrant production, he showcases a charismatic, energetic flow and an easily-relatable lyrical style. Oh, I forgot to mention: the Teletubby is also eating a lobster, which is the perfect parlay to his forthcoming project, I Am Not a Lobster, OK!, out next week.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.