After making his Booth debut in January, with Hunger, Marc Goone has seen his name featured on our homepage three more times. If he keeps up this pace, and quality, then by years end he might have more features then Dennis Rodman had rebounds. From the sound of things on this loosie, Goone could use a Dennis Rodman-sized paycheck, because while he is a hungry emcee, it just isn’t paying the bills…yet. Backed by a bubbly, synth/piano powered beat from Zuckswithit, Goone impresses with his energetic, swift vocals, used to rattle off bars that we can all relate to. While all his friends seem to be on the straight and narrow, the St. Louis native is taking the road less traveled, doing what he loves even though it isn’t adding any commas to his bank account statement; at least (it sounds like) he is having fun, which is more than can be said about many of his peers. The record’s ear candy hook work from Nick Luebke sets off Goone’s approachable style and echoes the sentiments shared on the verses. There is no word yet on a larger project, but feel free to check out Goone’s other DJBooth features, including his most recent, February’s, Close As I’ma Get.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/14/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.