For someone who, like myself, hasn’t yet experienced it, it’s difficult to imagine the death of a parent. Marc Goone had to face up to that possibility several months ago, when his mother was diagnosed with cancer. Having taken some time to process the news, the St. Louis representative sums up his feelings on newly-released promo single Dear Mom. Over Paul Judge‘s keyboard-driven production, Goone tells the woman who gave birth to him just how much she is appreciated, and urges her to stay strong as she fights her affliction. Paul Judge directs this poignant cut’s accompanying visuals, drawing from home movie footage of Goone’s childhood. Dear Mom is available now for purchase via iTunes, with all profits going towards Friends of Kids With Cancer. Additionally, fans can still cop the artist’s last street release, I Am Not a Lobster OK, for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 07/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.