For someone who, like myself, hasn’t yet experienced it, it’s difficult to imagine the death of a parent. Marc Goone had to face up to that possibility several months ago, when his mother was diagnosed with cancer. Having taken some time to process the news, the St. Louis representative sums up his feelings on newly-released promo single Dear Mom. Over Paul Judge‘s keyboard-driven production, Goone tells the woman who gave birth to him just how much she is appreciated, and urges her to stay strong as she fights her affliction. Paul Judge directs this poignant cut’s accompanying visuals, drawing from home movie footage of Goone’s childhood. Dear Mom is available now for purchase via iTunes, with all profits going towards Friends of Kids With Cancer. Additionally, fans can still cop the artist’s last street release, I Am Not a Lobster OK, for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 07/17/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)