For someone who, like myself, hasn’t yet experienced it, it’s difficult to imagine the death of a parent. Marc Goone had to face up to that possibility several months ago, when his mother was diagnosed with cancer. Having taken some time to process the news, the St. Louis representative sums up his feelings on newly-released promo single Dear Mom. Over Paul Judge‘s keyboard-driven production, Goone tells the woman who gave birth to him just how much she is appreciated, and urges her to stay strong as she fights her affliction. Paul Judge directs this poignant cut’s accompanying visuals, drawing from home movie footage of Goone’s childhood. Dear Mom is available now for purchase via iTunes, with all profits going towards Friends of Kids With Cancer. Additionally, fans can still cop the artist’s last street release, I Am Not a Lobster OK, for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 07/17/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.