For someone who, like myself, hasn’t yet experienced it, it’s difficult to imagine the death of a parent. Marc Goone had to face up to that possibility several months ago, when his mother was diagnosed with cancer. Having taken some time to process the news, the St. Louis representative sums up his feelings on newly-released promo single Dear Mom. Over Paul Judge‘s keyboard-driven production, Goone tells the woman who gave birth to him just how much she is appreciated, and urges her to stay strong as she fights her affliction. Paul Judge directs this poignant cut’s accompanying visuals, drawing from home movie footage of Goone’s childhood. Dear Mom is available now for purchase via iTunes, with all profits going towards Friends of Kids With Cancer. Additionally, fans can still cop the artist’s last street release, I Am Not a Lobster OK, for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 07/17/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.