For someone who, like myself, hasn’t yet experienced it, it’s difficult to imagine the death of a parent. Marc Goone had to face up to that possibility several months ago, when his mother was diagnosed with cancer. Having taken some time to process the news, the St. Louis representative sums up his feelings on newly-released promo single Dear Mom. Over Paul Judge‘s keyboard-driven production, Goone tells the woman who gave birth to him just how much she is appreciated, and urges her to stay strong as she fights her affliction. Paul Judge directs this poignant cut’s accompanying visuals, drawing from home movie footage of Goone’s childhood. Dear Mom is available now for purchase via iTunes, with all profits going towards Friends of Kids With Cancer. Additionally, fans can still cop the artist’s last street release, I Am Not a Lobster OK, for free in the Booth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.