Last month, we featured Marc Goone‘s brash, attitude filled and Breaking Bad-inspired Yung Walter White . Now, the St. Louis native is back, showing us a softer, less meth-cooking side of his personality. On Close As I’ma Get, Goone writes a letter to his ex, recounting the bitter end of their relationship. With a relatable, emotional flow draped over bare-boned, yet effective production from Zukswithit, Goone shows not only his versatility, but his crossover appeal. This catchy yet personal performance will undoubtedly satisfy those with an ear for mainstream talent, as well as those who favor the authenticity of the current indie scene. There is no word yet on a larger project that will include Close As I’ma Get, but after racking up three features in less than two months, expect to hear more from Marc Goone inside The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.