Last month, we featured Marc Goone‘s brash, attitude filled and Breaking Bad-inspired Yung Walter White . Now, the St. Louis native is back, showing us a softer, less meth-cooking side of his personality. On Close As I’ma Get, Goone writes a letter to his ex, recounting the bitter end of their relationship. With a relatable, emotional flow draped over bare-boned, yet effective production from Zukswithit, Goone shows not only his versatility, but his crossover appeal. This catchy yet personal performance will undoubtedly satisfy those with an ear for mainstream talent, as well as those who favor the authenticity of the current indie scene. There is no word yet on a larger project that will include Close As I’ma Get, but after racking up three features in less than two months, expect to hear more from Marc Goone inside The DJBooth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!