Last month, we featured Marc Goone‘s brash, attitude filled and Breaking Bad-inspired Yung Walter White . Now, the St. Louis native is back, showing us a softer, less meth-cooking side of his personality. On Close As I’ma Get, Goone writes a letter to his ex, recounting the bitter end of their relationship. With a relatable, emotional flow draped over bare-boned, yet effective production from Zukswithit, Goone shows not only his versatility, but his crossover appeal. This catchy yet personal performance will undoubtedly satisfy those with an ear for mainstream talent, as well as those who favor the authenticity of the current indie scene. There is no word yet on a larger project that will include Close As I’ma Get, but after racking up three features in less than two months, expect to hear more from Marc Goone inside The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.