Last month, we featured Marc Goone‘s brash, attitude filled and Breaking Bad-inspired Yung Walter White . Now, the St. Louis native is back, showing us a softer, less meth-cooking side of his personality. On Close As I’ma Get, Goone writes a letter to his ex, recounting the bitter end of their relationship. With a relatable, emotional flow draped over bare-boned, yet effective production from Zukswithit, Goone shows not only his versatility, but his crossover appeal. This catchy yet personal performance will undoubtedly satisfy those with an ear for mainstream talent, as well as those who favor the authenticity of the current indie scene. There is no word yet on a larger project that will include Close As I’ma Get, but after racking up three features in less than two months, expect to hear more from Marc Goone inside The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.