Whenever a rapper starts out, they have high hopes of Jay-Z-ing it: owning a sports team, getting their lines spoken at a White House conference, and having the hottest chick in the game wearing their chain. Unfortunately, not every artist can reach Jigga status, and for many, those dreams are unattainable. In other words, pursuing them is a lot like Chasing Rainbows. Marc Goone wrestles with this professional uncertainty on the latest record off of his forthcoming album. Producer Zuckswithit, who has handled the beatmaking on the vast majority of Goone’s Booth features, cooks up a airy, synth-heavy instrumental that plays to Goone’s strengths, allowing him to shine. After listening to his verses, which are charismatic, honest, and personable, even those who have never heard the artist’s work before will feel like they know Goone personally. If he goes on like this, he just might be vacationing in Cuba sooner than he thinks. Goone’s I Am Not a Lobster, OK! LP is set to drop in May, so expect more tunes very soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/16/13
In early January, Marc Goone first introduced our readers to his music with the release of promo single "Hunger." Exactly four months later, following six additional homepage features, Goone has delivered a brand new album,...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)