Whenever a rapper starts out, they have high hopes of Jay-Z-ing it: owning a sports team, getting their lines spoken at a White House conference, and having the hottest chick in the game wearing their chain. Unfortunately, not every artist can reach Jigga status, and for many, those dreams are unattainable. In other words, pursuing them is a lot like Chasing Rainbows. Marc Goone wrestles with this professional uncertainty on the latest record off of his forthcoming album. Producer Zuckswithit, who has handled the beatmaking on the vast majority of Goone’s Booth features, cooks up a airy, synth-heavy instrumental that plays to Goone’s strengths, allowing him to shine. After listening to his verses, which are charismatic, honest, and personable, even those who have never heard the artist’s work before will feel like they know Goone personally. If he goes on like this, he just might be vacationing in Cuba sooner than he thinks. Goone’s I Am Not a Lobster, OK! LP is set to drop in May, so expect more tunes very soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)