Whenever a rapper starts out, they have high hopes of Jay-Z-ing it: owning a sports team, getting their lines spoken at a White House conference, and having the hottest chick in the game wearing their chain. Unfortunately, not every artist can reach Jigga status, and for many, those dreams are unattainable. In other words, pursuing them is a lot like Chasing Rainbows. Marc Goone wrestles with this professional uncertainty on the latest record off of his forthcoming album. Producer Zuckswithit, who has handled the beatmaking on the vast majority of Goone’s Booth features, cooks up a airy, synth-heavy instrumental that plays to Goone’s strengths, allowing him to shine. After listening to his verses, which are charismatic, honest, and personable, even those who have never heard the artist’s work before will feel like they know Goone personally. If he goes on like this, he just might be vacationing in Cuba sooner than he thinks. Goone’s I Am Not a Lobster, OK! LP is set to drop in May, so expect more tunes very soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.