As Marc Goone made clear on mid-April’s Chasing Rainbows, he isn’t about to pass himself off as something he’s not just to add a few zeros to his bank account. Which isn’t to say that major-label cash holds no appeal for the St. Louis native. On follow-up single 25 Bills, he gets real about the myriad temptations he faces as an indie buzzmaker trying to make it in the game. After reflecting on the tendency of massively-hyped artists to stumble under the dual burden of corporate pressure and high public expectations, though, he reaffirms his commitment to doing things his way: “I’ve got crossover appeal, but I’ll put a bullet in my head before I sign a deal.” iLLJone$ provides a guitar-laced instrumental backdrop for Marc’s bars, and Justin Clough directs the joint’s eerie official visuals. For more, check our the artist’s I Am Not a Lobster, OK! street album when it drops digitally on Tuesday, May 14.
Written by richard on 05/1/13
In early January, Marc Goone first introduced our readers to his music with the release of promo single "Hunger." Exactly four months later, following six additional homepage features, Goone has delivered a brand new album,...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)