As Marc Goone made clear on mid-April’s Chasing Rainbows, he isn’t about to pass himself off as something he’s not just to add a few zeros to his bank account. Which isn’t to say that major-label cash holds no appeal for the St. Louis native. On follow-up single 25 Bills, he gets real about the myriad temptations he faces as an indie buzzmaker trying to make it in the game. After reflecting on the tendency of massively-hyped artists to stumble under the dual burden of corporate pressure and high public expectations, though, he reaffirms his commitment to doing things his way: “I’ve got crossover appeal, but I’ll put a bullet in my head before I sign a deal.” iLLJone$ provides a guitar-laced instrumental backdrop for Marc’s bars, and Justin Clough directs the joint’s eerie official visuals. For more, check our the artist’s I Am Not a Lobster, OK! street album when it drops digitally on Tuesday, May 14.
Written by richard on 05/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.