As Marc Goone made clear on mid-April’s Chasing Rainbows, he isn’t about to pass himself off as something he’s not just to add a few zeros to his bank account. Which isn’t to say that major-label cash holds no appeal for the St. Louis native. On follow-up single 25 Bills, he gets real about the myriad temptations he faces as an indie buzzmaker trying to make it in the game. After reflecting on the tendency of massively-hyped artists to stumble under the dual burden of corporate pressure and high public expectations, though, he reaffirms his commitment to doing things his way: “I’ve got crossover appeal, but I’ll put a bullet in my head before I sign a deal.” iLLJone$ provides a guitar-laced instrumental backdrop for Marc’s bars, and Justin Clough directs the joint’s eerie official visuals. For more, check our the artist’s I Am Not a Lobster, OK! street album when it drops digitally on Tuesday, May 14.
Written by richard on 05/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.