Love is like Cigarettes; sure, it’s relatively unlikely to give you lung cancer, but it’s addictive as hell and the effects of its long-term abuse can be downright excruciating. Marc. E Bassy knows exactly what I’m talking about; on his debut single, the first release off his forthcoming EP, the unsigned singer draws a poignant analogy between his romantic history and a nicotine fiend’s relationship with tobacco. Casper & B provide a left-of-center synth backdrop for the artist’s engaging vocals. For Cigarettes and much more, cop Only the Poet EP when it drops digitally on Tuesday, July 29.
Written by richard on 06/23/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Over the Water" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.