Love is like Cigarettes; sure, it’s relatively unlikely to give you lung cancer, but it’s addictive as hell and the effects of its long-term abuse can be downright excruciating. Marc. E Bassy knows exactly what I’m talking about; on his debut single, the first release off his forthcoming EP, the unsigned singer draws a poignant analogy between his romantic history and a nicotine fiend’s relationship with tobacco. Casper & B provide a left-of-center synth backdrop for the artist’s engaging vocals. For Cigarettes and much more, cop Only the Poet EP when it drops digitally on Tuesday, July 29.
Written by richard on 06/23/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Over the Water" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.