It’s been said so many times by so many people that calling it a cliché would be itself a cliché, but it’s true: the road to success is almost invariably paved with failed Attempts. Whatever preceded Marc Antoni‘s grand entrance into the Booth, however, it looks like the first feature just might be the charm. Making its world premiere on our front page, this cut has all the pieces in place for a banger: a driving, piano-led beat by the Trackslayerz, a catchy hook, even guest bars by a few reader faves. Boldly, the Bostonian emcee saves his verse for last, allowing two Booth regulars to build up anticipation: Rhode Island’s Theo Martins and Panhandle State repper Laws (both freestyle series alumni) blaze the joint’s front two-thirds in engagingly braggadocious fashion, before handing the mic to Antoni for a determination-drenched closer. In his intensely-flowed final 16, he assures listeners that he’s not about to quit anytime soon: “My intention is to stay here / like Visine, I hope my statement was made clear.” Has Marc hit it out of the park on his first at-bat? If you think so, you won’t want to miss the freshness in store on his Booth-sponsored Overnight EP, set to hit our mixtape page May 6.
Written by richard on 04/14/11
SoundWave Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Handle Business" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.