It’s been said so many times by so many people that calling it a cliché would be itself a cliché, but it’s true: the road to success is almost invariably paved with failed Attempts. Whatever preceded Marc Antoni‘s grand entrance into the Booth, however, it looks like the first feature just might be the charm. Making its world premiere on our front page, this cut has all the pieces in place for a banger: a driving, piano-led beat by the Trackslayerz, a catchy hook, even guest bars by a few reader faves. Boldly, the Bostonian emcee saves his verse for last, allowing two Booth regulars to build up anticipation: Rhode Island’s Theo Martins and Panhandle State repper Laws (both freestyle series alumni) blaze the joint’s front two-thirds in engagingly braggadocious fashion, before handing the mic to Antoni for a determination-drenched closer. In his intensely-flowed final 16, he assures listeners that he’s not about to quit anytime soon: “My intention is to stay here / like Visine, I hope my statement was made clear.” Has Marc hit it out of the park on his first at-bat? If you think so, you won’t want to miss the freshness in store on his Booth-sponsored Overnight EP, set to hit our mixtape page May 6.
Written by richard on 04/14/11
Submit your Rating
SoundWave Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Handle Business" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.