It’s been said so many times by so many people that calling it a cliché would be itself a cliché, but it’s true: the road to success is almost invariably paved with failed Attempts. Whatever preceded Marc Antoni‘s grand entrance into the Booth, however, it looks like the first feature just might be the charm. Making its world premiere on our front page, this cut has all the pieces in place for a banger: a driving, piano-led beat by the Trackslayerz, a catchy hook, even guest bars by a few reader faves. Boldly, the Bostonian emcee saves his verse for last, allowing two Booth regulars to build up anticipation: Rhode Island’s Theo Martins and Panhandle State repper Laws (both freestyle series alumni) blaze the joint’s front two-thirds in engagingly braggadocious fashion, before handing the mic to Antoni for a determination-drenched closer. In his intensely-flowed final 16, he assures listeners that he’s not about to quit anytime soon: “My intention is to stay here / like Visine, I hope my statement was made clear.” Has Marc hit it out of the park on his first at-bat? If you think so, you won’t want to miss the freshness in store on his Booth-sponsored Overnight EP, set to hit our mixtape page May 6.
SoundWave Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Handle Business" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.