You could listen to Swedish singer/songwriter Mapei‘s debut feature right now… or you could always leave it till tomorrow. My advice? Without a question, Don’t Wait; a record this dope demands to be enjoyed without delay. This remix of the single, premiered yesterday via Pitchfork, features fresh production by Kingdom. In place of the original’s unique, gospel/world music-informed backdrop, the Los Angeles beatsmith crafts a more streamlined synth groove fueled by rhythmic handclaps and syncopated synths. He also ups the tempo significantly, imbuing the cut with added tension and urgency. This remix isn’t attached to a larger project, but its prototype is available now for purchase via iTunes.
Written by richard on 11/6/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Wait" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)