You could listen to Swedish singer/songwriter Mapei‘s debut feature right now… or you could always leave it till tomorrow. My advice? Without a question, Don’t Wait; a record this dope demands to be enjoyed without delay. This remix of the single, premiered yesterday via Pitchfork, features fresh production by Kingdom. In place of the original’s unique, gospel/world music-informed backdrop, the Los Angeles beatsmith crafts a more streamlined synth groove fueled by rhythmic handclaps and syncopated synths. He also ups the tempo significantly, imbuing the cut with added tension and urgency. This remix isn’t attached to a larger project, but its prototype is available now for purchase via iTunes.
Written by richard on 11/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Wait" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.