Listening to music is such hard work that it can be tempting to put off a new track till the next day, and enjoy it with fresh ears. As far as Mapei‘s current single, Don’t Wait, though, I suggest you do as the title says and hit play straightaway. After all, tomorrow’s never promised. Featured along with Dori Oskowitz‘s freshly-minted visuals, this heartfelt jam sees the Stockholm-based singer/songwriter serenading the man who’s held her down through good times and bad. Backed by Pretty Bird‘s instrumental, a breezy arrangement featuring hand drums and Eastern strings (Is that a koto I hear?), she croons, “If it wasn’t for you, I’d be on my own,” and promises to repay his loyalty in the years to come. Fans can find Don’t Wait and five additional remixes of the cut (including Kingdom‘s previously-featured version) on Mapei’s EP of the same name, out now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 04/2/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Wait (Kingdom Remix)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.