Listening to music is such hard work that it can be tempting to put off a new track till the next day, and enjoy it with fresh ears. As far as Mapei‘s current single, Don’t Wait, though, I suggest you do as the title says and hit play straightaway. After all, tomorrow’s never promised. Featured along with Dori Oskowitz‘s freshly-minted visuals, this heartfelt jam sees the Stockholm-based singer/songwriter serenading the man who’s held her down through good times and bad. Backed by Pretty Bird‘s instrumental, a breezy arrangement featuring hand drums and Eastern strings (Is that a koto I hear?), she croons, “If it wasn’t for you, I’d be on my own,” and promises to repay his loyalty in the years to come. Fans can find Don’t Wait and five additional remixes of the cut (including Kingdom‘s previously-featured version) on Mapei’s EP of the same name, out now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 04/2/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Wait (Kingdom Remix)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.