More than five years after the release of his debut studio album (and four since his split with Cash Money), emcee/songwriter/producer Mannie Fresh has officially returned to his solo grind with the digital release of his second full-length. How’s the former Big Tymer been holding up since last we heard from him? According to the project’s lead single, he’s still doin’ it Like a Boss (Slim Thug, anyone?), enjoying the fast life in all its luxuriously expensive glory. Over his own fresh Southern boardwork, driven by bubbling synths and an authoritative piano loop, the New Orleans baller exults in his ongoing financial security, celebrates his musical legacy and reaffirms his loyalty to his hometown, spitting “This my city, this my home/ you heard I was leaving, well n*gga you wrong..” So, does this ever-stunting rapper/producer still sound as Fresh as he did back in 2004? If you think so, you can hear plenty more new tunes on The Return of Ballin, available now from online retailers and set for an independent physical release on November 17.
Listen to More: Mannie Fresh
Written by richard on 11/8/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It Right ft. Mannie Fresh" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)