Back in August of ‘09, Mann succeeded where quite a few other artists had failed, earning widespread Booth acclaim for a tuneful track revolving around the trendy topic of Text messaging. The L.A. native’s clearly got a knack for catchy, radio-ready jams, but can the 18-year-old emcee truly rock the mic without the help of a R&B-pop hook? On new mixtape leak Kickin’ It Wit the Lingo, Mann answers that question once and for all, showcasing his “crispy as a Pringle” style over a sparse, percussion-driven beat by J. Hawk. After the headliner spits his swagger-drenched opener, Booth newcomer Skeme jumps on board to stunt his way through verse two, and reader favorite Shawn Chrystopher closes the track on a strong note, flaunting his female appeal and name-dropping Tom Sawyer on the back end. So, did Mann succeed in creating a track as addictive as the aforementioned chip brand? If you think so, you can look forward to popping open Mann’s new Near-Life Experience mixtape next Monday, April 12.
Written by richard on 04/7/10
Submit your Rating
Peace Life Quality Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ghetto Girl ft. Sean Kingston" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.