Back in August of ‘09, Mann succeeded where quite a few other artists had failed, earning widespread Booth acclaim for a tuneful track revolving around the trendy topic of Text messaging. The L.A. native’s clearly got a knack for catchy, radio-ready jams, but can the 18-year-old emcee truly rock the mic without the help of a R&B-pop hook? On new mixtape leak Kickin’ It Wit the Lingo, Mann answers that question once and for all, showcasing his “crispy as a Pringle” style over a sparse, percussion-driven beat by J. Hawk. After the headliner spits his swagger-drenched opener, Booth newcomer Skeme jumps on board to stunt his way through verse two, and reader favorite Shawn Chrystopher closes the track on a strong note, flaunting his female appeal and name-dropping Tom Sawyer on the back end. So, did Mann succeed in creating a track as addictive as the aforementioned chip brand? If you think so, you can look forward to popping open Mann’s new Near-Life Experience mixtape next Monday, April 12.
Written by richard on 04/7/10
Peace Life Quality Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ghetto Girl ft. Sean Kingston" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.