Back in August of ‘09, Mann succeeded where quite a few other artists had failed, earning widespread Booth acclaim for a tuneful track revolving around the trendy topic of Text messaging. The L.A. native’s clearly got a knack for catchy, radio-ready jams, but can the 18-year-old emcee truly rock the mic without the help of a R&B-pop hook? On new mixtape leak Kickin’ It Wit the Lingo, Mann answers that question once and for all, showcasing his “crispy as a Pringle” style over a sparse, percussion-driven beat by J. Hawk. After the headliner spits his swagger-drenched opener, Booth newcomer Skeme jumps on board to stunt his way through verse two, and reader favorite Shawn Chrystopher closes the track on a strong note, flaunting his female appeal and name-dropping Tom Sawyer on the back end. So, did Mann succeed in creating a track as addictive as the aforementioned chip brand? If you think so, you can look forward to popping open Mann’s new Near-Life Experience mixtape next Monday, April 12.
Written by richard on 04/7/10
Submit your Rating
Peace Life Quality Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ghetto Girl ft. Sean Kingston" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.