Back in August of ‘09, Mann succeeded where quite a few other artists had failed, earning widespread Booth acclaim for a tuneful track revolving around the trendy topic of Text messaging. The L.A. native’s clearly got a knack for catchy, radio-ready jams, but can the 18-year-old emcee truly rock the mic without the help of a R&B-pop hook? On new mixtape leak Kickin’ It Wit the Lingo, Mann answers that question once and for all, showcasing his “crispy as a Pringle” style over a sparse, percussion-driven beat by J. Hawk. After the headliner spits his swagger-drenched opener, Booth newcomer Skeme jumps on board to stunt his way through verse two, and reader favorite Shawn Chrystopher closes the track on a strong note, flaunting his female appeal and name-dropping Tom Sawyer on the back end. So, did Mann succeed in creating a track as addictive as the aforementioned chip brand? If you think so, you can look forward to popping open Mann’s new Near-Life Experience mixtape next Monday, April 12.
Peace Life Quality Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ghetto Girl ft. Sean Kingston" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.