There’s no doubt about it: texting has become the music industry’s latest technological obsession; Raheem DeVaughn and the Ko*Starz have both dropped records with “Text Message” in the title, Trey Songz’ latest single combined the medium’s most popular acronym and emoticon into one radio-ready jam—heck, a certain Chi-town singer‘s Booth-incubated breakout hit originally bore the title Birthday Text. Now, L.A.‘s very own Mann has jumped on board the bandwagon with new single Text, a track on which he explains just how much lust 160 characters can inspire. Fellow SoCal native and Beluga Heights signee Jason Derulo channels a bit of his label’s alpha wolf in his hook, and head honcho J.R. Rotem delivers boardwork befitting a summer smash (okay, it’ll be early fall by the time it impacts). Mercury/Def Jam have yet to assign Senior Year a solid release date, but, with a single this catchy, it’s only a matter of time.
Written by Burmy on 08/18/09
Submit your Rating
Peace Life Quality Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ghetto Girl ft. Sean Kingston" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.