People react to difficult breakups in a number of different ways—some feel confusion, others relief, others a desire for revenge. After a series of ill-fated romances, L.A. native Mann is feeling all three emotions. Relieved at being free of women who have done him wrong but confused as to why he always seems to fall for Ms. Wrong, the emcee’s decided to obliterate that pesky flying baby with an arsenal that drawn his puny arrows; in other words, you can expect tomorrow’s headlines to read “Cupid R.I.P.” Label boss J.R. Rotem teams up with veteran SoCal producer Fingaz to put together an electric-guitar beat that just screams “late-summer hit.” Seeing that the Booth staff chose Cupid R.I.P. as the best of three potential exclusives, it’s a good bet that the track will meet a warm reception from our regulars—here’s hoping the positive reader reviews will convince Mann’s label team to choose it as the lead single off the artist’s debut album, tentatively titled Senior Year.
Written by richard on 07/8/09
Submit your Rating
Peace Life Quality Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ghetto Girl ft. Sean Kingston" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.