People react to difficult breakups in a number of different ways—some feel confusion, others relief, others a desire for revenge. After a series of ill-fated romances, L.A. native Mann is feeling all three emotions. Relieved at being free of women who have done him wrong but confused as to why he always seems to fall for Ms. Wrong, the emcee’s decided to obliterate that pesky flying baby with an arsenal that drawn his puny arrows; in other words, you can expect tomorrow’s headlines to read “Cupid R.I.P.” Label boss J.R. Rotem teams up with veteran SoCal producer Fingaz to put together an electric-guitar beat that just screams “late-summer hit.” Seeing that the Booth staff chose Cupid R.I.P. as the best of three potential exclusives, it’s a good bet that the track will meet a warm reception from our regulars—here’s hoping the positive reader reviews will convince Mann’s label team to choose it as the lead single off the artist’s debut album, tentatively titled Senior Year.
Written by richard on 07/8/09
Submit your Rating
Peace Life Quality Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ghetto Girl ft. Sean Kingston" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.