If I had to guess, I’d assume CrossFaded was about a guy who got mad when he was too drunk. Get it—cross and faded? (Hilarious, I know.) According to Mann, “CrossFaded” is actually a condition that you incur when you’ve been smoking and drinking. If you didn’t get the picture already, this is an intoxicant-centered cut and, like any good drug ballad, it comes equipped with a super trippy beat. The whirring, choppy instrumental comes courtesy of BeatBoy. The blunted flow Mann showcases as he spits his party-friendly bars is the perfect complement to the beat, as it, too, has a hazy, slurred vibe. Guest artist Problem’s altered, flanged hook keeps the song moving, and his lively approach provides an interesting contrast to the kushed-out beat. CrossFaded is part of Mann’s upcoming #TheGreyArea project, for which no release date has been set.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/17/13
Submit your Rating
Peace Life Quality Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ghetto Girl ft. Sean Kingston" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.