If I had to guess, I’d assume CrossFaded was about a guy who got mad when he was too drunk. Get it—cross and faded? (Hilarious, I know.) According to Mann, “CrossFaded” is actually a condition that you incur when you’ve been smoking and drinking. If you didn’t get the picture already, this is an intoxicant-centered cut and, like any good drug ballad, it comes equipped with a super trippy beat. The whirring, choppy instrumental comes courtesy of BeatBoy. The blunted flow Mann showcases as he spits his party-friendly bars is the perfect complement to the beat, as it, too, has a hazy, slurred vibe. Guest artist Problem’s altered, flanged hook keeps the song moving, and his lively approach provides an interesting contrast to the kushed-out beat. CrossFaded is part of Mann’s upcoming #TheGreyArea project, for which no release date has been set.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/17/13
Peace Life Quality Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ghetto Girl ft. Sean Kingston" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.