If I had to guess, I’d assume CrossFaded was about a guy who got mad when he was too drunk. Get it—cross and faded? (Hilarious, I know.) According to Mann, “CrossFaded” is actually a condition that you incur when you’ve been smoking and drinking. If you didn’t get the picture already, this is an intoxicant-centered cut and, like any good drug ballad, it comes equipped with a super trippy beat. The whirring, choppy instrumental comes courtesy of BeatBoy. The blunted flow Mann showcases as he spits his party-friendly bars is the perfect complement to the beat, as it, too, has a hazy, slurred vibe. Guest artist Problem’s altered, flanged hook keeps the song moving, and his lively approach provides an interesting contrast to the kushed-out beat. CrossFaded is part of Mann’s upcoming #TheGreyArea project, for which no release date has been set.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/17/13
Submit your Rating
Peace Life Quality Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ghetto Girl ft. Sean Kingston" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.