If I had to guess, I’d assume CrossFaded was about a guy who got mad when he was too drunk. Get it—cross and faded? (Hilarious, I know.) According to Mann, “CrossFaded” is actually a condition that you incur when you’ve been smoking and drinking. If you didn’t get the picture already, this is an intoxicant-centered cut and, like any good drug ballad, it comes equipped with a super trippy beat. The whirring, choppy instrumental comes courtesy of BeatBoy. The blunted flow Mann showcases as he spits his party-friendly bars is the perfect complement to the beat, as it, too, has a hazy, slurred vibe. Guest artist Problem’s altered, flanged hook keeps the song moving, and his lively approach provides an interesting contrast to the kushed-out beat. CrossFaded is part of Mann’s upcoming #TheGreyArea project, for which no release date has been set.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/17/13
Submit your Rating
Peace Life Quality Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ghetto Girl ft. Sean Kingston" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.