I can’t say I’ve ever partied with a Manican, but I did once watch Andrew McCarthy party with a Mannequin. Is alternative pop group Manicanparty‘s name a nod to that classic ‘80s flick, or did I just show how old I am? Either way, here’s what I do know about Manicanparty: they’re comprised of singer/songwriter Jessica Corazza and producer Patrick Morrissey, they’re from Minnesota, and their new single Bow Through My Heart is a must listen. With Morrissey setting the pace with an instrumental that contains hints of everything from Florence and the Machine to Timbaland, Corazza delivers equally impassioned and eclectic vocals. If you’re digging Bow be sure to keep an ear out for Manicanparty’s currently untitled EP, due out this fall. Maybe by then we’ll also learn the origins of their unique name.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/24/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.