One man’s martyr is another man’s terrorist. One mans’ trash is another man’s treasure. It doesn’t matter what the platitude is, it’s all about the message of perspective. Los Angeles emcee and Booth newcomer Mani Coolin’ is exploring that message further in his latest video, Saint Not A Sinner. The SEVENEIGHT (Eddy Orellana) shot and directed video alternates between Mani rapping behind a fence and the plot of his friend robbing a convenient store only to be pulled over shortly after. While Mani rapping behind the gate symbolizes being trapped in the street life, the story of his friend reflects the blurring of lines between saint and sinner in a neighborhood where desperate measures are called upon to survive. The RMUR production, which centers around an ominous classical guitar line that sounds like it came from a Latin church in the desert, can be interpreted as ominous or hopeful, depending on how you take in Mani’s lyrics and ambiguous hook. Will he turn into a saint or sinner? The tale will be continued on Mani’s upcoming EP, Hope 4 The Youth.
Written by Bryan H on 04/28/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.