One man’s martyr is another man’s terrorist. One mans’ trash is another man’s treasure. It doesn’t matter what the platitude is, it’s all about the message of perspective. Los Angeles emcee and Booth newcomer Mani Coolin’ is exploring that message further in his latest video, Saint Not A Sinner. The SEVENEIGHT (Eddy Orellana) shot and directed video alternates between Mani rapping behind a fence and the plot of his friend robbing a convenient store only to be pulled over shortly after. While Mani rapping behind the gate symbolizes being trapped in the street life, the story of his friend reflects the blurring of lines between saint and sinner in a neighborhood where desperate measures are called upon to survive. The RMUR production, which centers around an ominous classical guitar line that sounds like it came from a Latin church in the desert, can be interpreted as ominous or hopeful, depending on how you take in Mani’s lyrics and ambiguous hook. Will he turn into a saint or sinner? The tale will be continued on Mani’s upcoming EP, Hope 4 The Youth.
Written by Bryan H on 04/28/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.