Mani Coolin’‘s debut DJBooth feature, April’s Saint Not a Sinner, found the Los Angeles rhymesayer reminding listeners that (as our own Bryan H. put it), “one man’s martyr is another man’s terrorist.” On this newly-released promo cut, the unsigned buzzmaker delivers thought-provoking bars about a similarly heady topic: the struggle to keep Hope alive in a cold world. Jay Kurzweil‘s hazy synths and slow-rollnig rhythm section set the mood as Coolin’ offers an artist’s-eye view of the musical hustle, and all the inner conflicts that accompany it. Has this loosie left you craving more? Then stay tuned; we’ll keep you posted on Mani’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Saint Not A Sinner" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.