Mani Coolin’‘s debut DJBooth feature, April’s Saint Not a Sinner, found the Los Angeles rhymesayer reminding listeners that (as our own Bryan H. put it), “one man’s martyr is another man’s terrorist.” On this newly-released promo cut, the unsigned buzzmaker delivers thought-provoking bars about a similarly heady topic: the struggle to keep Hope alive in a cold world. Jay Kurzweil‘s hazy synths and slow-rollnig rhythm section set the mood as Coolin’ offers an artist’s-eye view of the musical hustle, and all the inner conflicts that accompany it. Has this loosie left you craving more? Then stay tuned; we’ll keep you posted on Mani’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Saint Not A Sinner" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.