Last we heard from Miami Beat Wave, the production crew had enlisted fellow Panhandle State natives ¡MAYDAY! for One Foot in the Grave, a politically and musically boundary-busting track seemingly designed to spark a revolution. Well, the powers that be can rest easy, at least for the moment – the newly-leaked Virtue of Success finds ¡MAYDAY! emcee Wrekonize in a considerably more capitalistic mood, dropping bars primarily concerned with the pursuit of profit (that and “tryin’ to take as much head as [he] can like the Highlander.”) over MBW’s sumptuously jazzy blend of subdued bass and smooth saxophone. On the front, Brooklyn representative Skyzoo spits laid-back rhymes about life’s finer things, showing off his penmanship as he exercises some of his more relaxed flows. Whether they’re trying to save the world or simply saying “F*ck it,” Miami Beat Wave never fail to deliver. For more hot beats and rhymes from the Floridian crew and their homies, grab a copy of their Booth-sponsored Slight Modification mixtape when it hits our front page for streaming and free download Sept. 14.
Written by richard on 08/30/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Is Life [Premiere]" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.