Last we heard from Miami Beat Wave, the production crew had enlisted fellow Panhandle State natives ¡MAYDAY! for One Foot in the Grave, a politically and musically boundary-busting track seemingly designed to spark a revolution. Well, the powers that be can rest easy, at least for the moment – the newly-leaked Virtue of Success finds ¡MAYDAY! emcee Wrekonize in a considerably more capitalistic mood, dropping bars primarily concerned with the pursuit of profit (that and “tryin’ to take as much head as [he] can like the Highlander.”) over MBW’s sumptuously jazzy blend of subdued bass and smooth saxophone. On the front, Brooklyn representative Skyzoo spits laid-back rhymes about life’s finer things, showing off his penmanship as he exercises some of his more relaxed flows. Whether they’re trying to save the world or simply saying “F*ck it,” Miami Beat Wave never fail to deliver. For more hot beats and rhymes from the Floridian crew and their homies, grab a copy of their Booth-sponsored Slight Modification mixtape when it hits our front page for streaming and free download Sept. 14.
Written by richard on 08/30/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Is Life [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.