Last we heard from Miami Beat Wave, the production crew had enlisted fellow Panhandle State natives ¡MAYDAY! for One Foot in the Grave, a politically and musically boundary-busting track seemingly designed to spark a revolution. Well, the powers that be can rest easy, at least for the moment – the newly-leaked Virtue of Success finds ¡MAYDAY! emcee Wrekonize in a considerably more capitalistic mood, dropping bars primarily concerned with the pursuit of profit (that and “tryin’ to take as much head as [he] can like the Highlander.”) over MBW’s sumptuously jazzy blend of subdued bass and smooth saxophone. On the front, Brooklyn representative Skyzoo spits laid-back rhymes about life’s finer things, showing off his penmanship as he exercises some of his more relaxed flows. Whether they’re trying to save the world or simply saying “F*ck it,” Miami Beat Wave never fail to deliver. For more hot beats and rhymes from the Floridian crew and their homies, grab a copy of their Booth-sponsored Slight Modification mixtape when it hits our front page for streaming and free download Sept. 14.
Written by richard on 08/30/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Is Life [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.