Last we heard from Miami Beat Wave, the production crew had enlisted fellow Panhandle State natives ¡MAYDAY! for One Foot in the Grave, a politically and musically boundary-busting track seemingly designed to spark a revolution. Well, the powers that be can rest easy, at least for the moment – the newly-leaked Virtue of Success finds ¡MAYDAY! emcee Wrekonize in a considerably more capitalistic mood, dropping bars primarily concerned with the pursuit of profit (that and “tryin’ to take as much head as [he] can like the Highlander.”) over MBW’s sumptuously jazzy blend of subdued bass and smooth saxophone. On the front, Brooklyn representative Skyzoo spits laid-back rhymes about life’s finer things, showing off his penmanship as he exercises some of his more relaxed flows. Whether they’re trying to save the world or simply saying “F*ck it,” Miami Beat Wave never fail to deliver. For more hot beats and rhymes from the Floridian crew and their homies, grab a copy of their Booth-sponsored Slight Modification mixtape when it hits our front page for streaming and free download Sept. 14.
Written by richard on 08/30/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Is Life [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.