In a dark basement in Minneapolis, a dastardly scheme has been brewing. An unsigned emcee named Mally and his cohorts (including producer Astroblack, aka Astronote) are plotting to take over the hip-hop game, and the release of his forthcoming The Passion LP will bring him one step closer to that goal. In the meantime, however, he’s still heavily promoting his previous album, The Moment, which is the origin of the emcee’s first feature. Ready to fight for “My People,” Mally pulls out his social-justice gatling gun to pepper the track with gritty depictions of inner-city life, and Astroblack matches his lyrical intensity with a propulsive, horn-sampling beat. A Rhymesayers sticker wouldn’t look terribly out-of-place on Mally’s LP cover, but that’s only speculation—in the meantime, Mally is still scheming a better future for the world—one record at at a time.
Written by Dr. D on 06/25/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.