In a dark basement in Minneapolis, a dastardly scheme has been brewing. An unsigned emcee named Mally and his cohorts (including producer Astroblack, aka Astronote) are plotting to take over the hip-hop game, and the release of his forthcoming The Passion LP will bring him one step closer to that goal. In the meantime, however, he’s still heavily promoting his previous album, The Moment, which is the origin of the emcee’s first feature. Ready to fight for “My People,” Mally pulls out his social-justice gatling gun to pepper the track with gritty depictions of inner-city life, and Astroblack matches his lyrical intensity with a propulsive, horn-sampling beat. A Rhymesayers sticker wouldn’t look terribly out-of-place on Mally’s LP cover, but that’s only speculation—in the meantime, Mally is still scheming a better future for the world—one record at at a time.
Listen to More: MaLLy Written by Dr. D
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!