In a dark basement in Minneapolis, a dastardly scheme has been brewing. An unsigned emcee named Mally and his cohorts (including producer Astroblack, aka Astronote) are plotting to take over the hip-hop game, and the release of his forthcoming The Passion LP will bring him one step closer to that goal. In the meantime, however, he’s still heavily promoting his previous album, The Moment, which is the origin of the emcee’s first feature. Ready to fight for “My People,” Mally pulls out his social-justice gatling gun to pepper the track with gritty depictions of inner-city life, and Astroblack matches his lyrical intensity with a propulsive, horn-sampling beat. A Rhymesayers sticker wouldn’t look terribly out-of-place on Mally’s LP cover, but that’s only speculation—in the meantime, Mally is still scheming a better future for the world—one record at at a time.
Listen to More: MaLLy
Written by Dr. D on 06/25/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)