In a dark basement in Minneapolis, a dastardly scheme has been brewing. An unsigned emcee named Mally and his cohorts (including producer Astroblack, aka Astronote) are plotting to take over the hip-hop game, and the release of his forthcoming The Passion LP will bring him one step closer to that goal. In the meantime, however, he’s still heavily promoting his previous album, The Moment, which is the origin of the emcee’s first feature. Ready to fight for “My People,” Mally pulls out his social-justice gatling gun to pepper the track with gritty depictions of inner-city life, and Astroblack matches his lyrical intensity with a propulsive, horn-sampling beat. A Rhymesayers sticker wouldn’t look terribly out-of-place on Mally’s LP cover, but that’s only speculation—in the meantime, Mally is still scheming a better future for the world—one record at at a time.
Listen to More: MaLLy
Written by Dr. D on 06/25/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.