In a dark basement in Minneapolis, a dastardly scheme has been brewing. An unsigned emcee named Mally and his cohorts (including producer Astroblack, aka Astronote) are plotting to take over the hip-hop game, and the release of his forthcoming The Passion LP will bring him one step closer to that goal. In the meantime, however, he’s still heavily promoting his previous album, The Moment, which is the origin of the emcee’s first feature. Ready to fight for “My People,” Mally pulls out his social-justice gatling gun to pepper the track with gritty depictions of inner-city life, and Astroblack matches his lyrical intensity with a propulsive, horn-sampling beat. A Rhymesayers sticker wouldn’t look terribly out-of-place on Mally’s LP cover, but that’s only speculation—in the meantime, Mally is still scheming a better future for the world—one record at at a time.
Written by Dr. D on 06/25/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.