Ladies and gentlemen, Mally is back in your speakers and he plans on staying there. Five months after his last offering Better Days comes his latest underground single, Lights Off, a record that finds the Freestyle Series alum delivering a grittier flow than we’ve seen from him in a minute. Here the Minneapolis emcee works quickly and efficiently over a darkly electronic beat driven by sharp percussion from The Sundance Kid (no word on Butch Cassidy’s whereabouts), spitting lines that show you better come correct if you’re even thinking about stepping to Mally on the mic: “Why they want to wake a giant up out of his sleep/ one eyelid lift, I’m stomping the beat, Goliath.” If you liked this taste of what’s to come, be sure to keep a lookout for Mally and Sundance’s new, currently untitled collab project, out spring 2011. Can’t wait that long? Mally’s got you - he’ll be releasing a new song on the 15th of every month until the drop date. Good lookin’ out.
Written by Sigurd on 09/23/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My People" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.