Ladies and gentlemen, Mally is back in your speakers and he plans on staying there. Five months after his last offering Better Days comes his latest underground single, Lights Off, a record that finds the Freestyle Series alum delivering a grittier flow than we’ve seen from him in a minute. Here the Minneapolis emcee works quickly and efficiently over a darkly electronic beat driven by sharp percussion from The Sundance Kid (no word on Butch Cassidy’s whereabouts), spitting lines that show you better come correct if you’re even thinking about stepping to Mally on the mic: “Why they want to wake a giant up out of his sleep/ one eyelid lift, I’m stomping the beat, Goliath.” If you liked this taste of what’s to come, be sure to keep a lookout for Mally and Sundance’s new, currently untitled collab project, out spring 2011. Can’t wait that long? Mally’s got you - he’ll be releasing a new song on the 15th of every month until the drop date. Good lookin’ out.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My People" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.