Ladies and gentlemen, Mally is back in your speakers and he plans on staying there. Five months after his last offering Better Days comes his latest underground single, Lights Off, a record that finds the Freestyle Series alum delivering a grittier flow than we’ve seen from him in a minute. Here the Minneapolis emcee works quickly and efficiently over a darkly electronic beat driven by sharp percussion from The Sundance Kid (no word on Butch Cassidy’s whereabouts), spitting lines that show you better come correct if you’re even thinking about stepping to Mally on the mic: “Why they want to wake a giant up out of his sleep/ one eyelid lift, I’m stomping the beat, Goliath.” If you liked this taste of what’s to come, be sure to keep a lookout for Mally and Sundance’s new, currently untitled collab project, out spring 2011. Can’t wait that long? Mally’s got you - he’ll be releasing a new song on the 15th of every month until the drop date. Good lookin’ out.
Written by Sigurd on 09/23/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My People" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.