Ladies and gentlemen, Mally is back in your speakers and he plans on staying there. Five months after his last offering Better Days comes his latest underground single, Lights Off, a record that finds the Freestyle Series alum delivering a grittier flow than we’ve seen from him in a minute. Here the Minneapolis emcee works quickly and efficiently over a darkly electronic beat driven by sharp percussion from The Sundance Kid (no word on Butch Cassidy’s whereabouts), spitting lines that show you better come correct if you’re even thinking about stepping to Mally on the mic: “Why they want to wake a giant up out of his sleep/ one eyelid lift, I’m stomping the beat, Goliath.” If you liked this taste of what’s to come, be sure to keep a lookout for Mally and Sundance’s new, currently untitled collab project, out spring 2011. Can’t wait that long? Mally’s got you - he’ll be releasing a new song on the 15th of every month until the drop date. Good lookin’ out.
Written by Sigurd on 09/23/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My People" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.