On his forthcoming Strange Rhythm EP, MaLLy will look to “[express] his deep passion for independence and [make] a stand as a solo artist.” Lead single Dead Art Painting starts the project’s promotional push off with a bang. On this freshly-released single (and album introduction track), MaLLY sounds like a man on a mission. Beatsmith Last Word (Get Cryphy), who handles production on the entire EP, establishes an edgy mood despite the airy, synth-heavy vibe that emanates from his work. Mic in hand, MaLLy kicks it up a notch, delivering substantial lyrics in a powerful, gripping flow. Be on the lookout for Strange Rhythm, which is set to hit iTunes on Tuesday, November 5.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My People" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.