On his forthcoming Strange Rhythm EP, MaLLy will look to “[express] his deep passion for independence and [make] a stand as a solo artist.” Lead single Dead Art Painting starts the project’s promotional push off with a bang. On this freshly-released single (and album introduction track), MaLLY sounds like a man on a mission. Beatsmith Last Word (Get Cryphy), who handles production on the entire EP, establishes an edgy mood despite the airy, synth-heavy vibe that emanates from his work. Mic in hand, MaLLy kicks it up a notch, delivering substantial lyrics in a powerful, gripping flow. Be on the lookout for Strange Rhythm, which is set to hit iTunes on Tuesday, November 5.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My People" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.