On his forthcoming Strange Rhythm EP, MaLLy will look to “[express] his deep passion for independence and [make] a stand as a solo artist.” Lead single Dead Art Painting starts the project’s promotional push off with a bang. On this freshly-released single (and album introduction track), MaLLY sounds like a man on a mission. Beatsmith Last Word (Get Cryphy), who handles production on the entire EP, establishes an edgy mood despite the airy, synth-heavy vibe that emanates from his work. Mic in hand, MaLLy kicks it up a notch, delivering substantial lyrics in a powerful, gripping flow. Be on the lookout for Strange Rhythm, which is set to hit iTunes on Tuesday, November 5.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My People" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.