Nationally, Minnesota is best known for being really f**king cold. But frostbite is by no means the scariest thing lurking in the streets of Minneapolis. If you cross MaLLY or a member of his circle, you’ll quickly learn why they call it the City of Fear. OK, I haven’t heard anyone besides the artist himself refer to it by that name but, after a listen to this freshly-minted single, I can’t argue with the appellation. In vivid verses, the Midwest buzzmaker imagines himself as a street soldier in a decaying urban dystopia. His bars sizzle with menacing urgency, and project collaborator Last Word heightens that ominous vibe behind the boards, using driving percussion, syncopated samples and staccato synth-bass to ratchet up the tension. For this cut, the reader-approved Hold My Tongue and much more, cop the emcee’s The Colors of Black LP when it hits record stores and online retailers Tuesday, April 8.
Written by richard on 03/31/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My People" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.