The Minneapolis mic murderer is back with another one for the Booth. Better Days finds Mally straying from his from his cold weather-state roots. With Miami native Marcus Banks handling production duties, it seems only right that this breezy, heatwarming ode to the come-up sounds something like a conscious collab between Rick Ross and Common. Here, Mally teams up with Danami to send an uplifting message to those feeling down-and-out, emphasizing that, no matter how dark life may become, there are brighter times ahead. On the hook, Danami isn’t exactly outstanding but more than holds his own, giving Mally a great launch pad to create something special in the verses. This is just a free track for fans, but if it’s a sign of things to come then I know that I’m definitely downloading the artist’s next project, Quality of the Mind. Will you?
Written by Quentin Cuff on 04/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My People" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.