Update: We have premiered the Daniel St. Ours-directed visuals for Malik’s Changes single.
When Barack Obama was campaigning for President back in ‘08, he promised to bring America the kind of “change we can believe in.” (Whether he’s succeeded, of course, is up for debate.) Baltimore up-and-comer Malik Ferraud aspires to do the same thing, but rather than pursuing politics, he seeks to incite societal Changes through his music. On this new single, his first feature on our pages, the rhymesayer sounds off on some of our culture’s greatest failings, from materialism and poverty to the racist War on Drugs. Black Diamond backs Ferraud’s thoughtful bars with a smooth sample from 2Pac‘s I Get Around. This joint is slated to appear on a forthcoming project, the details on which have yet to be announced.
Written by richard on 08/21/14
Submit your Rating
Positive Vibe ENT.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.