Update: We have premiered the Daniel St. Ours-directed visuals for Malik’s Changes single.
When Barack Obama was campaigning for President back in ‘08, he promised to bring America the kind of “change we can believe in.” (Whether he’s succeeded, of course, is up for debate.) Baltimore up-and-comer Malik Ferraud aspires to do the same thing, but rather than pursuing politics, he seeks to incite societal Changes through his music. On this new single, his first feature on our pages, the rhymesayer sounds off on some of our culture’s greatest failings, from materialism and poverty to the racist War on Drugs. Black Diamond backs Ferraud’s thoughtful bars with a smooth sample from 2Pac‘s I Get Around. This joint is slated to appear on a forthcoming project, the details on which have yet to be announced.
Written by richard on 08/21/14
Positive Vibe ENT.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.