Promoting positive spiritual messages in an industry as fraught with danger and temptation as the music game may sound like a suicide mission, but “fear” evidently isn’t in Mali Music‘s dictionary. On new promo single and DJBooth debut Ready Aim, the RCA Records singer/songwriter/producer invites the forces of darkness to give him their worst, confident that a higher power is watching his six. Over his own quietly intense boardwork, the Los Angeles representative shows us just how far he’s willing to go in order to uplift listeners, dramatizing his struggle in impassioned verses and a memorable, overdubbed chorus. Like what you’re hearing? This joint is available now for purchase on iTunes and, as always, you can keep it locked for all the latest from this promising Booth newcomer.
Written by richard on 03/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.