Promoting positive spiritual messages in an industry as fraught with danger and temptation as the music game may sound like a suicide mission, but “fear” evidently isn’t in Mali Music‘s dictionary. On new promo single and DJBooth debut Ready Aim, the RCA Records singer/songwriter/producer invites the forces of darkness to give him their worst, confident that a higher power is watching his six. Over his own quietly intense boardwork, the Los Angeles representative shows us just how far he’s willing to go in order to uplift listeners, dramatizing his struggle in impassioned verses and a memorable, overdubbed chorus. Like what you’re hearing? This joint is available now for purchase on iTunes and, as always, you can keep it locked for all the latest from this promising Booth newcomer.
Written by richard on 03/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.