How do you make a Beautiful R&B song even more beautiful? Simple: add A$AP Ferg. I see your eyebrows raising in disbelief, and I understand—that’s not the first adjective I’d normally associate with the Harlem emcee’s work, either—but I’ll be damned if he doesn’t sound right at home on the official remix of Mali Music‘s March single. Joining the headliner over the lush live-band instrumental from co-producers Salaam Remi and Dirty Harry, Ferg delivers an uplifting opening 16, showing love to the women in his life and encouraging listeners to follow their dreams despite the obstacles in their path. Better than the original? That, my friend, is for you to decide. For the latter and much more, pick up a copy of RCA debut album Mali Is…, available in stores and online as of May.
Written by richard on 07/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ready Aim" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.