How do you make a Beautiful R&B song even more beautiful? Simple: add A$AP Ferg. I see your eyebrows raising in disbelief, and I understand—that’s not the first adjective I’d normally associate with the Harlem emcee’s work, either—but I’ll be damned if he doesn’t sound right at home on the official remix of Mali Music‘s March single. Joining the headliner over the lush live-band instrumental from co-producers Salaam Remi and Dirty Harry, Ferg delivers an uplifting opening 16, showing love to the women in his life and encouraging listeners to follow their dreams despite the obstacles in their path. Better than the original? That, my friend, is for you to decide. For the latter and much more, pick up a copy of RCA debut album Mali Is…, available in stores and online as of May.
Written by richard on 07/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ready Aim" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.