How do you make a Beautiful R&B song even more beautiful? Simple: add A$AP Ferg. I see your eyebrows raising in disbelief, and I understand—that’s not the first adjective I’d normally associate with the Harlem emcee’s work, either—but I’ll be damned if he doesn’t sound right at home on the official remix of Mali Music‘s March single. Joining the headliner over the lush live-band instrumental from co-producers Salaam Remi and Dirty Harry, Ferg delivers an uplifting opening 16, showing love to the women in his life and encouraging listeners to follow their dreams despite the obstacles in their path. Better than the original? That, my friend, is for you to decide. For the latter and much more, pick up a copy of RCA debut album Mali Is…, available in stores and online as of May.
Written by richard on 07/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ready Aim" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.