How do you make a Beautiful R&B song even more beautiful? Simple: add A$AP Ferg. I see your eyebrows raising in disbelief, and I understand—that’s not the first adjective I’d normally associate with the Harlem emcee’s work, either—but I’ll be damned if he doesn’t sound right at home on the official remix of Mali Music‘s March single. Joining the headliner over the lush live-band instrumental from co-producers Salaam Remi and Dirty Harry, Ferg delivers an uplifting opening 16, showing love to the women in his life and encouraging listeners to follow their dreams despite the obstacles in their path. Better than the original? That, my friend, is for you to decide. For the latter and much more, pick up a copy of RCA debut album Mali Is…, available in stores and online as of May.
Written by richard on 07/9/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ready Aim" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)