Back in March of 2013, Mali Music introduced himself to The DJBooth with Ready Aim, a sweeping ballad chronicling his struggles against the forces of darkness. A year and change later, the Los Angeles singer/songwriter isn’t feeling quite so embattled. In fact, his life’s been downright Beautiful lately. Released along with some understated visuals by Sarah McClogan, this joint finds Mali paying heartfelt tribute to all those who have shown him love and helped lay the groundwork for the wonderful existence he currently enjoys. The Man Upstairs, of course, gets a shout-out: “I can’t go without sayin’ that I thank God for you all now.” Fans will be able to find this uplifting cut and much more on the Georgia native’s Mali Is…, due out June 17, via ByStorm Entertainment/RCA.
Written by richard on 03/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ready Aim" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.