Back in March of 2013, Mali Music introduced himself to The DJBooth with Ready Aim, a sweeping ballad chronicling his struggles against the forces of darkness. A year and change later, the Los Angeles singer/songwriter isn’t feeling quite so embattled. In fact, his life’s been downright Beautiful lately. Released along with some understated visuals by Sarah McClogan, this joint finds Mali paying heartfelt tribute to all those who have shown him love and helped lay the groundwork for the wonderful existence he currently enjoys. The Man Upstairs, of course, gets a shout-out: “I can’t go without sayin’ that I thank God for you all now.” Fans will be able to find this uplifting cut and much more on the Georgia native’s Mali Is…, due out June 17, via ByStorm Entertainment/RCA.
Written by richard on 03/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ready Aim" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.