I guess DJBooth newcomers Malcolm & Martin wanted to give listeners a taste of what their dinner tables sound like during Thanksgiving. Their new single Thank God, much like their name, pays homage to those who have paved the way for them to achieve success not only in music, but in life. On the boards is DJ Revolution, who might have cooked up this track on an ancient oven because it sounds like an old school heater. And if you find yourself indulging in this joint, don’t worry; it’s definitely a balanced meal as both emcees drop flows so crisp you would think they were put in the broiler. The main force behind this inspirational song, however, is the chorus, as Malcolm & Martin give thanks to some extraordinarily influential African Americans with great feeling and precision. If you’re thankful that you got to hear Thank God then make sure to check out Malcolm & Martin’s debut album Life Doesn’t Frighten Me, slated to drop very soon.
Listen to More: Malcom & Martin
Written by Quentin Cuff on 03/1/10
Submit your Rating
Millenia Music/Soulspazm Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Movement Music" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.