I guess DJBooth newcomers Malcolm & Martin wanted to give listeners a taste of what their dinner tables sound like during Thanksgiving. Their new single Thank God, much like their name, pays homage to those who have paved the way for them to achieve success not only in music, but in life. On the boards is DJ Revolution, who might have cooked up this track on an ancient oven because it sounds like an old school heater. And if you find yourself indulging in this joint, don’t worry; it’s definitely a balanced meal as both emcees drop flows so crisp you would think they were put in the broiler. The main force behind this inspirational song, however, is the chorus, as Malcolm & Martin give thanks to some extraordinarily influential African Americans with great feeling and precision. If you’re thankful that you got to hear Thank God then make sure to check out Malcolm & Martin’s debut album Life Doesn’t Frighten Me, slated to drop very soon.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 03/1/10
Submit your Rating
Millenia Music/Soulspazm Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Movement Music" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.