It’s one of the most frequently repeated sentiments in hip-hop, but that doesn’t make it any less true: the key to success in any field, especially when you’re working your way up from the very bottom, is to Never Back Down. On this newly-released track off Monsters Ink‘s DJBooth.net-cosponsored Ink Made Me a Monster mixtape, Lex One and Mike Beatz of Florida trio Major League emphasize the importance of focus, persistence and drive in achieving one’s dreams, flowing over Beatz’ own triumphant, sampled boardwork. Freeway, a Philly street vet who’s already reaped the rewards of his epic grind, and LMS, a Hialeah, FL up-and-comer currently working overtime to get his name up in lights, back Major League up with some equally ambitious guest bars—the former’s characteristically sing-song flow fits particularly well here. Never Back Down should get frequent spins from listeners who like their motivational jams with a little old-school grit. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked to our front page; Monsters Ink’s new mixtape will be featured on Tuesday, the 21st.
Written by richard on 07/19/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Killas Collide ft. Ty Nitty" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.