It’s one of the most frequently repeated sentiments in hip-hop, but that doesn’t make it any less true: the key to success in any field, especially when you’re working your way up from the very bottom, is to Never Back Down. On this newly-released track off Monsters Ink‘s DJBooth.net-cosponsored Ink Made Me a Monster mixtape, Lex One and Mike Beatz of Florida trio Major League emphasize the importance of focus, persistence and drive in achieving one’s dreams, flowing over Beatz’ own triumphant, sampled boardwork. Freeway, a Philly street vet who’s already reaped the rewards of his epic grind, and LMS, a Hialeah, FL up-and-comer currently working overtime to get his name up in lights, back Major League up with some equally ambitious guest bars—the former’s characteristically sing-song flow fits particularly well here. Never Back Down should get frequent spins from listeners who like their motivational jams with a little old-school grit. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked to our front page; Monsters Ink’s new mixtape will be featured on Tuesday, the 21st.
Written by richard on 07/19/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Killas Collide ft. Ty Nitty" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.